Click title to view more.
- One of my earliest childhood memories is of my mother reading to me, “They’re changing guards at Buckingham Palace, Christopher Robin went down with Alice.” My passion for London started long ago and it has never subsided. Like many Anglophiles, I became smitten with all things British from [...]
- Venice, Italy is an exotic and mysterious place that attracts visitors from around the world. It’s been doing so for centuries. In its heyday, it was a rich and powerful center of trade and business. Poised between East and West, Venice became a city of merchants, many of whom ran their [...]
- Even though I haven’t had much personal contact with Venetian entrepreneurs, there are two I will never forget. Claudio is the owner of a small hotel I stayed in on a visit a few years ago. One morning he and I had a long visit about his hotel (a Rick Steves recommendation) and what his life [...]
- We don’t need to push life so much as we need to experience it more elegantly, to be motivated more by inspiration than by ambition. ~ Marianne Williamson If you’re like me, you may have given little thought to inspiration. For much of my life, I believed that inspiration was random and [...]
- A month after my daughter and her family moved to Austin, TX, I went to visit them in their new hometown. As soon as I walked off the plane, I saw signs that this is a place that is proud of local businesses. The airport has few chain businesses, but you can find Salt Lick bar-b-que, Amy’s ice [...]